Monday, March 3, 2014

isn't she lovely?


meet yui, a best friend of mine. a girl whom i am fortunate enough to call my sister. the year was 2010 and it was my first year in college. i didn't notice her at the very first day - i barely paid attention tho. i had no friends, i knew nobody so i'd choose to sit in the corner and shut up. i knew her from a girl i just met who knew another girl who knew yui. then... bam! we're friends. we were together ever since, the four of us. wow, i made three friends. i never thought i would make some friends in my first year and i never thought that i would be this close with yui. i mean, she's so pretty and i'm not so... normally, pretty girls don't wanna hang with me. 


the name's yurica but everyone calls her yui. it's her nickname, she says. it's quite funny because, at first, i thought yurica was her nickname. no, it's not. it's her full name. she has beautiful face and perfectly straight hair that i'm very jealous of. she tells everyone that she's kinda short and how she dislikes it but her height is just adorable. aw.


she's reckless and brave. she's careless - i mean the "i-don't-give-a-damn-about-what-they-say-this-is my-life-and-this-is-how-i-live" careless. she keeps her life simple, she doesn't try hard to impress everyone. if they like her then it's okay, but if they don't it's their loss. she never worries about little things or things she cannot change. she doesn't fall in love easily but when she does, she falls hard. and that's what makes her love so strong. one thing i love about her is she knows how to get up when life knocks her down. there will be tears but once she wipes it, she will walk with her chin up, showing the world that she's fine. 


by the way, there is one thing i love the most about her: she's a dreamer. she's a daydreamer, just like me. she believes the power of her dreams and she'll find a way to make them come true. she is just as (in)sane as i am and that's why i love her. she knows how to cope with my weirdness, she never calls me a weirdo. she may think "she's so weird, i don't know why i'm her friend" but she never complains :b. when i tell her the lamest joke of mine, she will laugh with me. when my mood swings hit me like a train and i burst into tears, she will wipe my tears away without asking. she understands my weirdness. she understands my unhealthy obsession with band members. she understands my mood swings. she understands me. she loves me.


there is another thing that i love about her. i love the fact that she has such beautiful mind and a very big heart. i love what's inside her head: wild imaginations and dreams. she's not afraid to dream and that's why i need her - she never discourages me. 


i don't quite remember how we started calling each other "sister" but i have to admit that i'm glad. i've always wanted to have a sister and God gave me her. she's a living proof that i have somebody who loves me and my weirdness. i love her to bits.






No comments:

Post a Comment